Press Ctrl++ to increase the text size

Friday, July 11, 2008

Lack of proper drainage causing floods, hardship

NST (11/7/08): As a first-time member of parliament, every day is a learning process for me as I try to seek solutions to the many problems faced by my constituents in Kuala Selangor.

I also learnt a lot while raising suggestions and proposing changes on national issues in the Dewan Rakyat.

One of the main issues in my constituency is the need for proper infrastructure. There is poor drainage that guarantees flooding in various parts of Kuala Selangor. This causes great hardship for my constituents.

I have a special squad of 65 volunteers who help my constituents affected by the floods. I'm very grateful for their assistance and hard work.

There are also some parts in Kuala Selangor where the roads are not very well lit and are full of potholes. This has caused many fatal accidents.

I hope to resolve this problem soon with help from the relevant agencies and authorities.

I'm also concerned about the youth in my constituency, many of whom are unemployed.

I have initiated some training and motivational activities for them. I have also encouraged them to get involved in small businesses. So far the response has been very encouraging.

In the next few years, I would like to see progress in Kuala Selangor in terms of economic development and quality of life of my constituents.

I believe in helping my constituents, no matter what their religion, race or political beliefs. I do not believe in discrimination, that is not what I stand for.

My involvement in politics is because I genuinely want to make the nation a better place for everyone. (Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP